problems compiling SCALAPACK

Horatio B. Bogbindero wyy at cersa.admu.edu.ph
Tue Sep 12 18:05:08 PDT 2000

thanks camm, jae and the other people in the beowulf list!

i was able to get LAPACK to compile properly and i have my
optimized atlas and lapack libraries already and am using
SCALAPACK for computations.

i have also able to get the SCALAPACK xdlutimer test to work!

summary, the problems with LAPACK:
-did not delete .SUMM files
-did not add . to the PATH environment variable

the problem with SCALAPACK:
-there are some problems native to LAM. it worked fine with MPICH.

thanks to all again.