Alteon ACEnic card

Felix Rauch rauch at
Thu Oct 12 11:27:58 PDT 2000

Only a short notice as I'm leaving for vacations tomorrow:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, He Ding wrote:
> Has anybody done some OS kernel modification or NIC driver modification
> of Gigabit Ethernet Card on Linux to reduce CPU utilization?

We have a true zero-copy implementation (for large transfers), which
uses protocol speculation techniques and is described in two papers on
[1] (the two papers are nearly the same). The implementation is for
the hamachi GE cards and is unfortunately not stable enough for
general use.

- Felix

Felix Rauch                      | Email: rauch at
Institute for Computer Systems   | Homepage:
ETH Zentrum / RZ H18             | Phone: ++41 1 632 7489
CH - 8092 Zuerich / Switzerland  | Fax:   ++41 1 632 1307