Master-Worker style parallel computation references?

Erik Paulson epaulson at students.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 11 16:49:57 PDT 2000

Hello,
	We're working on a library for master-worker style parallel computation,
and I was wondering if anyone knew of any previous
work or papers in the area. I've not been terribly successful in
finding much, possibly because it's a pretty basic idea.

	We've got a first pass at it done (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/mw/)
but there are some features that I think are missing yet, and I'm wondering
what I
might be forgetting about.

	If anyone knows of some revelant work, could you drop me a note? I can
summarize to the list if there's interest.

Thanks!

-Erik