beoserv not seeing RARP

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Wed Nov 29 14:29:47 PST 2000

Robert,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Robert Sand wrote:

> Thanks to all for helping with the kernel setup.
>
> After creating a boot floppy, and network boot image, I can not get the master
> to answer the RARP's from the nodes.  I can see that beoserv is running and I've
> setup the /etc/beowulf/config file correctly.  Any ideas why beoserv wouldn't
> see the RARP's and things I should look for would be helpful.
>
> I did find out that I had to download more than just the kernel rpm but I was
> unsure just how much to install.

I tend to install the whole Scyld distribution on systems instead of
trying the piecemeal approach. Failing that, I would say that you
probably want all the RPMS we make available. They are all there for
a reason.

Use the 'beosetup' tool to move these nodes from 'unknown' into the
cluster. I'm a command-line die hard myself, but I find 'beosetup'
handy and reasonable.

Naturally, you may edit the text files by hand -- but I suggest trying
the GUI tool out to see exactly what changes are affected in the config
files when you add a new node.

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation