Has anyone used the rpm package on a redhat 6.2 system?

Robert Sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Tue Nov 28 04:57:30 PST 2000

I am not getting the kernel to boot on my VALinux server with the real RedHat
6.2 distribution.  When I try to boot it I get these errors:

VFS: Cannot open root device 08:07
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs 08:07

It is in Lilo correctely but when the rpm package was installed with the -U
option I get this error message and the rpm upgrade stops:

package sound.o not found in file index

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu                             US Mail

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.