HELP: NFS-ROOT - client mounts root fs read only

Ken lowther at att.net
Fri Nov 24 18:54:40 PST 2000

Richard Hildred wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small problem with a previously operational cluster.  After
> upgrading from RedHat 5.2 to 6.2, my disk-less clients now mount root read
> only, then try to remount read/write but fail.  Without being able to write
> to / clients can't do much :(
>
> My original configuration was based the sdct and adcn scripts (Beowulf Admin
> HOWTO), but I did have to change quite a few things for Red Hat 6.2.  Any
> ideas?

Did you use the stock kernel or compile your own?  I had fits with
RH6.2.  Every time I compiled something as a module, the module couldn't
be found.  Drove me nuts.  I then upgraded the mod utility package and
the problem went away.  Off hand this doesn't sound like your problem,
but I thought I'd through it out, just in case.

--
Ken Lowther
Youngstown, Ohio