Scyld slave node configuration question
Erik Arjan Hendriks
hendriks-beowulf at scyld.com
Sun Nov 19 16:53:30 PST 2000
On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 08:05:54PM -0500, Joshua Klein wrote:
> I have built a small Scyld beowulf cluster and I have a node configuration question. All of my slave nodes are currently booting using PCI NICs. Unfortunately I have many more ISA cards than I do PCI cards. I would like to replace the PCI cards in the nodes with ISA cards.
> My questions are:
> Does anybody know how I would replace my PCI cards with ISA cards on the Scyld beoboot disks? The config.boot only seems to apply to PCI cards.
I don't recommend actually doing this (reference earlier discussion
about ISA vs. PCI) but I think you could probably get ISA off the
ground with our boot disks by doing the following steps:
- Add explicit "insmod" lines to config.boot. (See documentation for details.)
- Add the ISA modules required to the list of boot modules.
- Rebuild phase 1 and 2 boot images with beoboot or beosetup.
> Is there a way to install, configure and bond ISA cards after the node is up on a PCI card?
- Copy module to node.
- bpsh <node> /sbin/insmod /tmp/module
- bpsh <node> ifconfig (or whatever)
Erik Arjan Hendriks Printed On 100 Percent Recycled Electrons
erik at hendriks.cx Contents may settle during shipment
More information about the Beowulf