Take any two: motherboard performance, compatibility, value

Lechner, David Lechner at drs-esg.com
Fri Jun 30 09:18:21 PDT 2000

So then the time is a bit more than 2 times as long for dual mode since each
single copy can only access memory at half the bandwidth -
And while there are two processors, in the dual mode you ran there is also
twice the work (but only half the memory bandwidth and contention)-
As I said before, very interesting...

Has anyone done this test with auto-parallelized version of STREAM doing one
work set on 1,2,3, and 4 processors on an SMP box with a single shared
memory bank, and the doing the same with multiple (N= # processors) copies
of the benchmark running concurrently (with contention)?

W/Regards/
 Dave Lechner