Any good gig ether copper NICs?

Tim Carlson tim at santafe.edu
Thu Jun 29 13:19:33 PDT 2000

Hey folks,

We are going to be installing a Cisco 6509 switch full of gig-copper
blades into our cluster of Supermicro PIIIDME boards (I still like these
boards despite all the recent comments).  Anyway, Cisco is giving us this
switch so I need to find some copper NICs. The folks at Cisco have been
telling us they have used the Intel NICs. That's great, but you can't buy
those cards yet :). Has anybody on the list actually used a gig-copper NIC
that you can buy and been reasonably happy?

I sent a query off to Alteon and never got a response. The only other
copper card that I am aware of is the Syskonnect 9821.

TIA

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   tim at santafe.edu