kernel parameters

Pierre Brua brua at
Thu Jul 27 14:06:23 PDT 2000

dschmitz at wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knew of any kernel parameters for network setup.
> I would like to define the IPs of my diskless nodes using kernel
> parameters

It is easy to avoid BOOTP/RARP, as explained in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt :

#  This parameter tells the kernel how to configure IP addresses of

You can also configure it on a per-disk basis by using loadlin on a
msdos disk and an append parameter in the .bat script that launch
loadlin (but that's not a technically beautiful solution).

PARALLINE         Pierre BRUA    Parallelism & Linux    Solutions
71,av. des Vosges Phone:+33 388 141 740 mailto:brua at
F-67000 STRASBOURG  Fax:+33 388 141 741