ABIT KA7 and Athlon stability?

Brian D. Haymore brian at chpc.utah.edu
Tue Jul 18 14:35:21 PDT 2000

We recently added 32 additional nodes to our cluster.  Each node has a
950Mhz AMD Athlon on an ABIT KA7 Motherbaord.  We have each filled with
2 or 4 pieces of 256MB PC-133 ECC Muskin memory (18 with 2 pieces and 14
with 4 pieces).  We have had consistent stability issues that end up
with a kernel panic or the more frequent black screen with no way to
recover either without a hard drop or reset button hit.  I've looked
through as many mailing list archives as I can find and I see nothing
similar to what we are seeing.  Does anyone else out there have Athlon
boxes on an ABIT KA7 motherboard or some other KX133 based board?  If so
do you see these same issues?  If not what board are you using?  Any
other relevant comments would be appreciated too.  Thanks.

--
Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah

Email: brian at chpc.utah.edu - Phone: (801) 585-1755 - Fax: (801) 585-5366