philosipical question

Joseph Del Corso j.a.delcorso at larc.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 14 07:33:39 PDT 2000

I would think that the real question is what defines a
beowulf class cluster... once outside those bounds,
or that definition, I'd assume that it's no longer a
Beowulf cluster.
My understanding is that Beowulf is a generic name
for COTS message passing systems built to create
a distributed compute environment... what you do
with that environment is irrelevant... (again
this is what I'm assuming to be true... please
correct me if I'm wrong..)

Joe