Distributed Algorithm.

Eric Osterweil eosterweil at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:44:21 PST 2000

Yeah,

This is a case where you're going to have to look at your problem as more of
a parallel program than a distributed program.  You're processing sounds
like it is very tightly coupled (or course grained) in nature.  You might
consider following a parallel programming methodology and re-examine you
partitioning scheme.  There are a lot of clever ways to parallelize
seemingly atomic processing.  There is a book called "Parallel Computer
Architecture : A Hardware/Software Approach" by  David E. Culler, Jaswinder
Pal Singh, Anoop Gupta that has a VERY good section on how to parallelize
very centralized algorithms.  In addition they have some very informative
case studies in there that can give examples of this.  I highly recommend
it.

Eric Osterweil