Diskless Nodes... (Not Again!)

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Fri Dec 22 12:31:43 PST 2000

Wyatt,

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Wyatt Draggoo wrote:

> /dev/ram3     /        ext2   fs_size=65536  0 0
> none          /proc    proc   defaults       0 0
> none          /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
> $MASTER:/home /home    nfs    defaults       0 0

> Master is: K6II/533 w/ 128M RAM
> Nodes are: K6II/500 w/ 64M RAM

The above fstab file creates a 64MB ramdisk on the nodes. Your nodes have
64MB.

Try ratcheting this size down to 40MB or so and see if they come up.

Once you get it running, you can use vmadlib to trim the library list
and trim the node ramdisk accordingly. As I have mentioned elsewhere
on the list, the remote ramdisk can be made quite small with some effort.

Good luck!

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation