Big RAM motherboards

Joseph A Del corso j.a.delcorso at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 21 06:41:46 PST 2000

VALinux outfitted our cluster (Lycan) with L440GX+
Server Boards.  We use 2 Gb ram per node, and have
had no problems.  The board houses 4 ram slots,
which I believe with the new 1 Gb ram chips, you can
actually use up to 4 Gb per node.  Intel as a general
rule has produced reliable motherboards.
The other names I've heard concerning fast motherboards
are Tyan and Abit <- but I have no experience with
these boards, and don't know much about their reliability.

Please note, I'm not an expert like some on this
mailing list and I'm sure there are horror stories
with every board out there.

Joe