Scyld and MPI: Is it possible to launch MPI-Program on Nodes only

Thomas R Boehme mail at thomas-boehme.de
Mon Dec 11 06:45:13 PST 2000

Hi,

Unfourtunatly, it's not that easy with beompi from the Scyld Distribution.
-nolocal doesn't work. I took a look at the source code myself and one
comment says, that the root process has to be started on the head
node. I did change the code so it actually doesn't use the head node, but
then, the jobs won't run successfully.

The problem is, that the slave nodes with the Scyld distribution don't have
a full linux install (actually, they only have some libs and the use beoproc
to start jobs on them). Therefore, one cannot use ssh or rsh either.
Using bpsh (the equivalent of rsh for the Scyld Distribution) doesn't
work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thomas Boehme