Scyld and Myrinet (Was: Distribution)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Dec 8 17:37:13 PST 2000

DB> We've demoed the Scyld distribution on CS20 nodes (albeit without
DB> automatic installation of the boot scheme), and adding Myrinet to the
DB> distribution was only a few weeks of integration and initial testing.
DB> But we had prior experience with Myrinet.

Has that Myrinet work appeared in a released version of the distro?  I'd
like to experiment with it, but I've been holding off because we have
Myrinet (and Myrinet is odd enough with it's resource sharing issues that I
doubt I'm able to hack on it myself).

I suppose we could always run TCP over it, but of course that has
significant performance drawbacks.

 - J<