Beowulf cluster

Robert Pratte pratte at lincweb.com
Fri Aug 25 17:51:17 PDT 2000

Years ago, I mounted my old Atari 800 boards using wooden dowel cut
to length for spacers.  I transferred the mounting points onto paper by
placing the main board on a sheet of paper and marking the holes with
a pen, then taped the paper to the metal and drilled through.  I cut
a number of equal length wooden dowel rod, wrapped the ends with
electrical tape (to help prevent splitting), and drilled the centers with
an undersized bit.  Screw everything into place, and you're done.  Of
course, swiss cheese can be acheived after you have marked your holes
via a hole saw.  It should be fairly easy to acheive what you are after
using
this technique.  Another interesting idea might be to try to adapt old
bread trays.  The hard part here will be mounting your equipment, but
I could think of a few designs.  Not sure if this helps.