SSH clarification

bropers at lsu.edu bropers at lsu.edu
Thu Aug 24 09:32:09 PDT 2000

I guess I'm still confused.

If you don't want the users to have to type in a password each time (ala
rsh), the only thing I know to do is create a key for each user and
stick it on each of the nodes they need access to.

I've done this once, but only as a test though, it's too much of a
security hole for me (that's why we've all turned off rsh in the first
place, right?).

Maybe you an describe how you want the system to be from a users
perspective?

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman                   (225) 388-0461 (V)
Systems Administrator                     (225) 388-6400 (F)
Office of Computing Services              bropers at lsu.edu
High Performance Computing                http://www.ropers-huilman.net/
Fred Frey Building, Rm. 201, E-1Q                          -- \o/
Louisiana State University                      --  __o   ---  |
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900                     --- `\<,       `\\,
                                                   O/ O       O/ O