OpenSSH problems

Traveler Hauptman t-hauptman at nwu.edu
Wed Aug 23 07:54:47 PDT 2000

I am having trouble setting up OpenSSH to replace rsh. I would like eliminate the use of passwords for users going between machines on a guarded beowulf. What I *think* I want is to use RSA + Rhosts authentication. The docs say that all I need is a /etc/hosts.equiv and /etc/ssh_known_hosts. However, this doesn't seem to work. Is there anyone who could give me some pointers or better yet forward a copy of the config files and whatever other files I need? (feel free to munge the keys... :)

Thanks,

Traveler Hauptman
Theoretical & Applied Mechanics Lab
Northwestern University