AFS to be released as open source.

Karsten Petersen karsten.petersen at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Aug 20 13:27:02 PDT 2000

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Omri Schwarz wrote:
> So, are people planning to use it in their 'wulfs?
we are already using it in our 512 node Beowulf cluster.
Have a look at:
	http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/urz/anwendungen/CLIC/index.php3?lang=en

AFS is the most important central infrastructure of our whole campus
network, our cfengine-based distributed administration mechanisms
take heavy use on it.

> Though I'm sure there are drawbacks,
yes - the users must be careful. We have only one GBit/s line
for all nodes as the clusters uplink, so working inside the AFS instead
of the node's /tmp won't be too good ...

Greets, Karsten
--
,-,  Student of Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology  ,-,
| |    EMail:  Karsten at kapet.de          WWW:  http://www.kapet.de/    | |