switch for channel bonding

Paul Nowoczynski pauln at psc.edu
Fri Aug 18 09:24:29 PDT 2000

trunking, link aggregation, channel bonding, are all the same.  i think
the best method is to use 2 switches. the problem that i've seen on both
cisco and intel switches is that the recv streams are not divided between
the 2 recv'ing interfaces.  so don't expect to see ~180 mbits/sec
between a point-to-point sender/receiver application if you're using the
switch's trunking capability,  you'll need multiple streams to get that.
but if you can wire your cluster so that interface0 goes to one switch and
interface1 goes to another switch then you could get good point-to-point
bandwidth.
paul