[Beowulf-announce] NAMD 2.3b1 Release

Jim Phillips jim at ks.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 24 00:19:39 PST 2001

Hi,

NAMD runs well on clusters and we have a new Scyld Beowulf port.

-Jim

|                  NAMD 2.3b1 Release Announcement                   |

                                                   February 23, 2001

The Theoretical Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois is
proud to announce the public release of a new version of NAMD, a
parallel, object-oriented molecular dynamics code designed for
high-performance simulation of large biomolecular systems.  NAMD is
distributed free of charge and includes source code.  NAMD development
is supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

NAMD 2.3b1 has several advantages over NAMD 2.2:

- The new psfgen tool for building PSF structure files.

- Simpler to run on a single workstation.  (No more rsh!)

- New ports to the Compaq AlphaServer SC and Scyld Beowulf.

NAMD is available from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/.

The Theoretical Biophysics group encourages NAMD users to be closely
involved in the development process through reporting bugs, contributing
fixes, periodical surveys and via other means.  Questions or comments
may be directed to namd at ks.uiuc.edu.

We are eager to hear from you, and thank you for using our software!