[3c509] DHCP problems under SuSE8.0 but not under SuSE7.1 on 133MHZ box against DI 804

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat Aug 17 05:51:02 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Carsten Kuckuk wrote:

> I have a pretty old Pentium-133 box at home with a 3C509B ISA NIC. A
> few weeks ago...
> Last weekend, I upgraded my Pentium-133 box to SuSE 8.0. To my
> surprise, DHCP stopped working. Network functionality is still there,
> and I can connect to my other machine using IP numbers. It's just that
> DHCP doesn't work.

This is a bug in the 3c509 driver in the kernel that's in SuSE 8.0.  I
didn't make those changes, so I can't suggest a fix.

You might ask SuSE support for help.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993