[3c509] Enabling 509B Full Duplex

Wm. G. McGrath wgm@telus.net
Tue Aug 6 21:17:18 2002

Hi,

I have a couple of 3Com 509Bs in a 486 firewall. If possible I'd
like to enable the full duplex feature on the cards - at least on
the inside of the firewall. I've used 3Com's utility to enable this
feature, and 3Com says the card should be detected as full duplex on
reboot. It's not. My Dlink 10/100s are. Is there a parameter I have
to pass to the driver at boot time to enable this feature? Right now
it's just ether=5,0x300,eth0.

	tia,

	bill
--
"The story of the scapegoat ought to be impenetrable. Myth serves
primarily to hide the arbitrariness of the victim and the fact that